Saturday, January 13, 2007

The weekend after the first (mad) week of school

The sky sure looks blue, I thought to myself, as I laid flat on the tennis court, looking up into the heavens.

We were supposed to play tennis.

Actually, we did. Minutes earlier, we stroked a few balls over the net, into the net, into the road outside. The blustery winds didn't help. It was quite hard to judge the flight path of the ball.

It was the Saturday afternoon after the first week of school. Even though formal lessons hadn't started yet, I could sense the fatigue. I think my body was still adjusting to the rigours of work. Maybe my body is just reluctant to move up to a higher gear, after the 2-month break from work.

We gave up hitting the tennis balls. We sat down and had a bit of a chat. Somehow, the surface of the court enticed me to lie down. And so I did, and promptly fell asleep, without much effort, while my missus continued her chat with her good friend.





Nonetheless, I had a good first week of school. It's always good to meet my students and it's always a pleasure to have a chat with them!

No comments: