Tuesday, February 20, 2007

About forgetting easily how good running feels

It's been too long since I embarked on a run alone.

Ever since the Stanchart Marathon was completed, I have stopped running altogether. Running with students don't count. It's very different running with the kids as a means of motivating them, compared to running on my own as my way to get away from the tumbles and rumbles of daily life.




Today, I got out of bed early, and hit the road at about 7-ish, heading towards the lush condominums of Tanjong Rhu, skirting along the serene Kallang Basin.

The view of the city illuminated the morning sky. It felt really good.

I took my time, and I was glad when I finally stopped at the petrol station. Not too bad, as I glanced at my stopwatch. 29 minutes.



Man, it felt good. It's been too long.

2 hours later, while driving to Tiong Bahru to pick up my beloved grandmother and cousins, the feel-good feeling still lingered within.

It's been over two months, and I've been neglecting my physical well-being. I'll have to pick it up again. I shall!

No comments: