Saturday, March 24, 2007

About the outing with 2 young ladies

Currently listening to: Red Hot Chilli Peppers' Under The Bridge


Last weekend, my wife and I had a lovely day out with Evie and Charmaine.

We got to know them when we went on a tour to the Middle East in December. We were herded into the same tour bus throughout the 10-day trip and we grew to adore them.

Evie is in Primary Five but she’s a really quick-witted and heartwarming person. Charmaine's one year older but she speaks so softly that her voice is like the flutterings of a butterfly. I really have to bend low to hear her clearly but she looks so innocent, so sweet that my wife and I just want to protect her.

Going out with them is just a blast and my wife arranged this outing and when she told me about it, I was really thrilled.

So, we picked them up from Sunday school and drove to Vivo City. We had a quick lunch, and then made our way quickly to the Harbourfront Towers. We were going to take the cable car!



The journey on top of the world took our breath away. We were all buzzing with excitement as the cable car moved slowly towards Mount Faber, made a u-turn, before we alighted at Sentosa station.


From there, we lapped on some Ben & Jerry’s ice-cream gleefully, before skipping down to the Underwater World.


In there, we saw marvellous sights, such as the rare dugong, sharks, giant crabs, manta rays, and some humans in diving suits, feeding the sea creatures.

The day culminated with a splendid dinner with Charmaine’s parents in Swensens, back in Vivo City.




We had a perfect day with these two ladies and I think my one-week school break could not have ended any better.

No comments: