Thursday, September 06, 2007

About an aural assault

The moment I stepped into the mall, I really wanted to make an exit.


Yesterday, waiting for my wife in Millenia Walk became a nauseating affair.

Of course, it has completely nothing to do with her.

It's noise, that assails you from every angle.

Some are thinly disguised as music, blared out loudly from the ubiqitous boutiques and electronic stores. The lunchtime crowd's incessant chatter raised the decibels up several notches.

It's hard to think and it's hard to talk.



No wonder we can get edgy at the slightest thing - our souls can never be at rest if we are constantly provocated by noise. Even our buses now no longer provide a haven of peace and serenity. The tv shows on the dull screens are irksome, to be honest.



Maybe it's the crowds. Maybe it was something that someone said earlier that disturbed me.


But I know clearly that when my mood's not right, I ain't going anywhere near somebody or some place that stays noisy. It won't help.

No comments: