Friday, October 26, 2007

About mistakes that should never be repeated twice

When I flipped through the school annual, I was eagerly looking for the photo of the Peer Leaders.


To my dismay, there was no such photo. Neither was there any section devoted to the Peer Leaders.



I utterly exploded within me. Miss Shawna, standing beside me, took the year book from me and tried looking for it too, while I muttered unspeakeable words in the air.

I had already told them last year. Yet this mistake has been allowed to happen again.




I'm boiling because I know my Peer Leaders will also be asking questions about the obvious omission. They want their photo to be up there. For goodness sake they've done a lot for the school. It is also bloody obvious that the PLs mean a lot to me, simply because I have unshakeable belief in their capacity to serve the school day in, day out.




Needless to say, I am not one to hide my feelings. My colleague in the editorial committee bore the brunt of my agitated questioning. I asked her, 'Where's the PL photo in the yearbook?'


I was raging deep inside. Those students who collected the IHG Captain's Ball medals from me had no idea. Those students who sat through the English Paper 2 papers with me in the Concourse had no idea.


Nobody has any idea how mad I was.



What am I supposed to say? It is obviously a mistake, but I know not who is responsible for this glaring error.

But I will find out.


When something's not right, I do not intend to let the matter rest. I will rectify it.

1 comment:

faizal said...

hey mr ng,just recently read yr post about the school magazine thingy.im quite sad about it but theres still next year.and i hope that the mistake will not happen again.faizal=))