Wednesday, November 28, 2007

About the big race

It's rare, but I do feel somewhat regretful now.


I should not have accepted this advanced diploma course in information & communication technology that is currently ongoing right now in school.

This intensive course has taken away precious training and resting time from me. I need to do all those because this Sunday's the big race - the Standard Chartered Marathon.

In fact, just thinking about it sets my pulse racing.

I think it's because it'll be the hardest thing I'll be doing this year. I think my body isn't going to forgive me so easily for putting it under such punishment.




And so, while I am seated in front of the desktop, while the instructor rants on and on about the power of Excel and Word, sometimes my thoughts drift away. Suddenly I get transported to the remote Marina area, or the empty streets of Shenton Way, running, running and running in the Marathon. I'm already mentally preparing myself.



To the basketball boys, just to share with you that training is now in full flow. The coach and I have big plans for you all. We are committed towards training you all in improving your skills and team play. We need absolute commitment from each and every one of you. I'm talking about attendance and giving your 110% during each training. That's how you improve. That's how Fajar will improve.

We need to make the school proud of the Basketball CCA.


A special word of thanks to the players who have been very helpful to me - Haoming, Zhi Cheng, Vincent and others who have been so willing to help. That's the spirit guys. Keep up the good work. We still have so much more to do to strengthen the team spirit within us!




This computer course that I'm going through has prevented me from being with my basketball boys. I thank God then, that I have reliable players and a good coach who can help me to keep the CCA running while I am busy. Let me be very clear - I always want to be with my boys whenever they train. The reason is very simple. I am responsible for these boys and they are important to me.

Another reason why I am stuck to the computer lab is because there is an exam on Friday morning, which we all have to pass. I certainly do not want to fail. I am targetting a pass and I want to lay my hands on that certificate. So I have been paying attention to the instructor. Though he can be somewhat queer, I have to say that he has taught all of us plenty of tricks with Excel and Word and I am very grateful for that. I am very glad to be able to learn something new.


Once the exam is over, I have the Peer Leaders' Meeting to look forward to. That's going to be on Saturday morning. Sunday's the big 42km race and I know I'm going to be hitting the bed all day long after that, once I drag my body back from the Padang.

And the best thing is - I get to return back to school on the very next day for Basketball and other work. How exciting!

2 comments:

Eaststopper said...

good luck for the race!

Anonymous said...

see you there mr.ng 2/12/07!!
GOOD LUCK FAJAR BASKETBALL!!!