Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dizzy shopping

On Saturday my missus & I went for a hot date in town. We had always talked about checking out Ion Orchard, but we never really had the chance till Saturday.

However, the experience I had reminded me starkly why I had sworn never to shop anywhere in the town area on weekends.

The crowd was maddening. I could see no end of people in the cavernous Orchard MRT subways that led to the Ion and Wisma Atria.

The din was so loud, I felt my ear drums bursting any moment.

I could not hear my own thoughts. Such noise.

We got what we wanted - an LV gift, a top for my wife and some drinks to quench the thirst, when we were desperately seeking a refuge in a cafe from the deluge of shoppers outside.

Our last stop was at Far East Plaza toy shop, always one of my favourite stops. Everytime I go there, I always see something I want to buy so much. That Hulk figure, that Iron Man, that fabulous Firestorm figure.

But I held back my wallet. I walked out instead. Those toys don't come cheap, and besides, I am not sure where would I be able to store them. I'm running out of storage space in my home!

I heaved a sigh of relief as we reach our car in the car-park. Finally I could get away from the stifling Orchard crowd.

We were both really tired after an afternoon there. Actually, even though we wanted to check out the Ion, I realised we did not really see much of the place, except only the LV shop and the food basement.

We will definitely be back there, but only on a weekday!

As a last note, I saw 2 of my ex-Fajar students - Joel & Billy in the Orchard subway. They were promoting a Filipino phone card.

Seeing them brought back a flood of memories in my old school. Needless to say I was very pleased to see them. I hope you are both doing ok!

No comments: