Sunday, December 06, 2009

End in sight

A proud tradition (rightly deserved, if I might add) was broken. A run of 6 Stan-Chart marathons in a row ended this year.

I did run in the modest 10km. Common sense dictated that it would be foolhardy to attempt a 42km run. I have not yet regained the confidence, especially after the very unpleasant experience at the Sundown, where I had to quit the race because of injury. Thinking about that still stings like a sore wound, simply because I hated quitting.

On a positive note, after that awful Sundown experience, I have managed to complete a few more races, the longest being the AHM, which I emerged unscathed.

Come next year, my Sabbathical will end. My back injury will be a distant memory by then. I'm committed to running (and completing) the Sundown 42km 2010, to celebrate the overcoming of my injury and Mikayla's 2nd birthday.

No comments: