Thursday, July 01, 2010

Great businesses start from the home

"It's a little strange, I suppose, that I, of all people, should end these notes by saying how good it will be for us not to spend too much time at work. But as I say in chapter one: for me, my work begins at home, it is my home, and my partners in business are my friends in life. Time at home isn't idle: it's a time for re-affirming those very values - creativity & care, trust & teamwork - that keep great businesses alive.

If we are looking for business inspiration, and all the old certainties have fallen away, then let's start today, at the kitchen table, surrounded by the people who made us and love us; here, among the children we have made, and in whom we take such pride. Now that's a model for a business."

Richard Branson

No comments: