Thursday, August 10, 2006

Weighing heavily on my heart

One thing I can never ever condone is verbal and emotional abuse in any relationship.

Abuse of any nature is abominable and deleterious towards a healthy and wholesome bonding between two people.

Recently, someone shared with me about her relationship woes.

What is normal is that the occasional quarrel does happen in many relationships. That is typical, since differences in opinions, impatience or stress can trigger off a tiff. That's fine as long as both sides can cool down and learn something from it and come to a compromise.

But when there are abhorrent words involved and when the guy seeks to enslave the other through blatant domination of the other person's life, I think it is clear that you can no longer call it a meaningful relationship.

I say this simply because being in a relationship should allow both parties breathing space to live their own lives, to flourish, to pursue their interests. This is what I believe in.

Being in a relationship with a lady is all about treating her like a princess, honouring her, romancing her. You are comfortable when you are together, yet trusting when she is away, at school, at work, or out with friends.

For if you treat her as the most beautiful woman in your life, why would she want to look for any other guy?



For my friend, I dearly hope you that you realise this: that you are deserving of great love. Thank you for sharing with me. May your heart be warmed that you do have many steadfast friends who stand beside you.

No comments: