Monday, October 09, 2006

durians: never ever

O most foul of fruits.

It doesn't even look like a fruit.

Fruits are supposed to be juicy, squishy, sweet, and usually colourful.

Not this fruit.

Just a couple of days ago, two mad couples played a friendly game of tennis, in the most pleasant of mornings when the haze meter hit 150.

We could still see the ball whizzing here and there, thank goodness. The haze is not that bad on ground level.

My wife and I enjoy engaging in sports with our friends Alex & Evie. A very sporty and lovely couple, they are!

After the game, we adjourned for lunch and after lunch, we had the pleasure of having ice-cream.

My wife ordered durian ice-cream. She loves it. I can't hold that against her.

But it's a different matter when, after finishing half a cone of that revolting ice-cream, she starts blowing her breath in my direction.

Apparently she must enjoy seeing my long-suffering face, as I grimace at the slightest whiff of that loathful stench! You should see how it invigorates her when she plays this cruel joke on me!

How strange that to some people, they say that durians are very delicious. I simply cannot comprehend that.

As for me, I am very happy to enjoy my little piece of heaven - one scoop of vanilla ice-cream, thank you very much.

Finally, my friends who know this about me never fails to point out that there are a lot of food that I don't take, such as mushrooms.

I could make a list of them.

But at the top of that list?

Durians.

Hate 'em!

No comments: