Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Dream awakened?

Clasping my wife's hand, we waited with bated breath.

Glued to the tv set were 3 generations of my wife's family - her parents, her aunt, her brother, and her cousin.

Unanimously, we were all rooting for the same person.

Of course, we all supported him for various reasons.

My wife finds him very suave, second only to me.

My parents-in-law supported him because he sounds better to their ears.

I supported him not because he was the better singer (he wasn't), but because we were from the same alma mater and he sings the rock songs that I like.

My aunt loves him for his sincerity and is determined to send his son to the very same secondary school where we both hailed from.


The suspense was killing us.




We were lost for words when the results was announced. In a way, we already knew. And the country did the right thing. The better one won.

I was quite deflated after that. My wife was clearly disappointed. My aunt was grumbling cheerfully and muttered threats about complaining to TCS. Hilarious.




Having watched this show over the past few months, I realised one thing about me.

There is a big part in me that has already been imbued with an utterly unshakeable pride in being an ex-St Joseph's Institution boy.

I think one of my dreams would be to teach in this great school.

Someday.

No comments: