Sunday, December 17, 2006

Is that how you speak?

I am genuinely fed-up with people who, upon meeting me, start by asking about where my wife is.

Is there no other thing to ask about, than that tiresome and stale question?

It is such a conversation killer and quite simply, it puts me off.







This is how I work. If I see you, and if we chat, I'll ask about you. I'm interested in your life, so I try to catch up with what is happening with you. I don't go shooting off my mouth and ask questions about everyone else and everything else, except you.

You get the drift?






Alas, some people I meet, even some friends, are like that. First thing they say, when they see me, is, "your wife is flying?"

Completely irrelevant and absurd.






However, this is more of an exception than the rule. You see, there are also often times during conversations with others where we talk about each other, talk about work, talk about the good things and the bad things that come our way. So, even if that question, "She's flying?" is raised, I'm actually very pleased to share, because at least we're having a decent conversation.

No comments: