Wednesday, January 24, 2007

About the missing part of the jigsaw

I couldn't believe my eyes, as I flipped through the School Annual 2007.

I could not find a photo of my beloved Peer Leaders anywhere. I saw the Prefects, the Student Council but not the Peer Leaders.

Immediately I sought to speak with the editor, one of my colleagues. I had to know why were they omitted.

My colleague explained to me that the group photo could not be found, and what the editorial team tried to do was to find other photos of the Peer Leaders and put them into the Sec 2 Camp section.

Though I was slightly placated by the answer, I still felt for the Peer Leaders.

I can imagine that some of them would feel perplexed, even upset, that the PLs were left out.

I understood. That was why I had to get answers from the editorial team. I'm certainly not angry with the editorial team. I think they did an outstanding job. This year's School Annual surpasses all previous years' yearbooks.



To the Peer Leaders, I have to apologise to you all that the group photo somehow did not make its way into the Annual.

But be rest assured, you are still very much in the School plans, and with or without the photo, you must continue to perform for the School, to serve with joy and to lead by example.

Do come and speak to me if you have any feedback. In the meantime, you can always come to my blog and check out the great PL group photo taken by Ms Shawna.

No comments: