Thursday, March 29, 2007

About recognising the effort they've put in

Currently in: my hut
Currently listening to: Oasis' What's the Story Morning Glory


Even though school has started, I still feel very much in the 'camp' mood.
Compared to the energetic outdoor activities, regular lessons back in school seem so much more sombre, quieter and tamer.
I guess I miss camp life!

On the other hand, I don't think I could physically and mentally keep up with an outdoor camp any longer that a week or so. That would require inhuman amounts of stamina and concentration, just to make sure the camp runs safely for the students.

Of course, if I were a student, having a camp for months would never ever be a problem, would it?

Here's some photos of the Peer Leaders from the X-Country Championships and the Sec 2 Level Camp. They've worked real hard in the Camp and the various Teachers have actually come to me to express their appreciation for the great help that the PLs have rendered to them during the Camp. I'm real pleased to hear that!



To students, I know you want to be given opportunities to be developed. The strong qualities of most successful persons are usually nurtured during the school years. In Fajar, there is an abundance of opportunities to be part of activities that can develop you.

I encourage you to take the lead, to dare to serve, to get involved in school activities. Go for your CCA regularly. Play a sport. Do your homework. Stay away from bad company. Work hard to live harmoniously with your family. Learn something new everyday. Read beyond the textbooks. Be knowledgeable.

Be a student leader if you can. There is potential in every one of you. Don't wait for others to recognise it. YOU must know that it is there in you and you must be willing to exercise your potential.

We need Fajar to rise up. It's been in the doldrums for too long and we need to awake from it.

We need students who love the School and wants the School to scale greater heights.

It starts with YOU.

No comments: