Tuesday, April 10, 2007

About this conversation with a student

Currently in: my hut
Currently listening to: Goo Goo Dolls' Let Love In


For some reason, I noticed this student, sitting by a corner, looking into space.

I shouldn't have noticed at all, not when I had my basketball boys reporting to me before heading to Assumption English school for a friendly match at that time.

But one glance at the student and I could sense that not all was right, and so I strode over and sat myself, right next to the student, and we talked for a little while.

From the short conversation, it emerged that this student is almost close to buckling under the pressures of the daily SYF practises. Add in the crippling ACTs and the exhausting homework, and any lesser student would have found it too much to bear.
But not this student. I think this student is made of much sterner material.



To my students in 4E5 rehearsing very hard for their SYF performances: The going is tough but the actual day performance will hinge on the intensive trainings and practises that you attend over this critical period of time.

It may seem all too much, but believe me, this testing time will make you a stronger person when you come out of it.

Keep going and when it all threatens to boil over and you feel like caving in, talk to someone about it. Find someone who can listen. Just let it out.

It helps. Immensely.

Take care. Train hard! I wish you all every success as you move along in this challenging journey.

No comments: