Wednesday, May 23, 2007

About the Fajarian spirit - unleashed

I've never witnessed such scenes before.

Hordes of students were cheering their teams ceaselessly. On the court, running battles were played out, chasing down every ball.

Every goal scored was met with a crescendo of cheers.



Organising this Inter-House Captain's Ball Championship worked. The players were raring to go. So many people wanted to be a part of it.

I was nailed to every game. Many players played beyond their limits, fighting exhaustion under the withering heat of the afternoon sun.

The match schedule was very punishing, and understandably so, since there were so many matches to complete in one afternoon.



I must thank my Peer Leaders. Their hard work allowed the event to run smoothly, and Mr Maran, Mr Ong and I fully trusted in them.

I have to thank my esteemed colleagues, Mr Maran and Mr Ong. Did you see those brilliant goals scored by Mr Maran in the Goodwill match? Awesome!

I have to thank the players. This championship brought out the best in many of them.


Some faced defeat with tremendous courage and positivity. Truly that is the mark of resilience.

Congratulations to the teams that did well. You played really well today!

To all the teams, in my mind, I consider you equally successful. In victory or defeat, you kept your heads up and never gave up. With such an attitude, victory will come sooner than later.

Have a good rest, you all.

Thank you for making this championship a resounding success.

2 comments:

irah.sya. said...

Mr ng.do re-link me yeah.(www.syahirahisme.blogspot.com)
THANKS!

The Mighty Thor said...

Hi Ira, how are you? Yep I've relinked you. Just something to add: it's important to have self-confidence. Do not wait for your parents to give you confidence. Let it come intrinsically and you will go far. Remember!