Saturday, June 30, 2007

About the splendour of the Norwegian mountains

What the guide books say are all true.

The Oslo-Bergen train ride is truly an ultimate experience. It cuts across Norway from right to left, into impassable mountains, skirting right beside lakes, ghosting past desolate towns, and at altitudes of over 1000m, the train glided past sweeping icy landscapes. It was completely incongruous, that even in the summer heat, the ice in the mountains seemed to remain untouched.


























These two young men were quite remarkable for the fact that they were very tall and secondly, they slept throughout the 6hr 30min train ride.





This train ride has been absolutely spellbinding.

And the best part was, I was able to revel in this with the company of my wife. That's the icing on the cake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there Mr Ng. Aida here
It's been months since I last came and read your lovely entries. How is Fajar Sec though?
Btw, I've already change my URL to http://swankykidd.blogspot.com

The Mighty Thor said...

Hi Aida,

good to hear from you. How's school? Do update me, especially after we last met in school. Fajar's still as good. I still love my job and the environment's really good. Will update your link asap. Take care and hope to hear from u again!