Wednesday, August 29, 2007

About an unexpected injury

The moment it gave way, I knew that's the end of the game for me.

Reaching for a ball, done thousands of times previously, led to the injury that left me struggling to walk.

I berated myself. I slowly realised that this pain wasn't going to leave so easily.

I berated myself for being so foolish. To play a game, so enthusiastically, just after a half-marathon. Should have rested more.

I don't know.

Don't have the bloody answers.



It's a miracle (or beyond reason, whichever way one looks at it) that I continued to stay in school till the late afternoon, for God knows what reasons. Isn't it supposed to be like that - work pales in importance to health?


And when I finally extricated myself from school, I finally did the thing that made all the sense in the world - and checked myself into the A & E ward.




I only got to see the doctor 2 and a half hours later. I was mumbling to my wife that next time, I'll fork out a little more, do myself a favour and go to a private hospital next time - and save myself from wasting all those frustrating hours of waiting.



Thanks for the painkillers, doctor. Taking it on the first night helped numb the pain in my back. Thank God I could still sleep in peace.

I realised that every single move I made caused the pain to shoot from my back. Is my back that important? Unfortunately it is.



I wonder what this injury means for the future?

4 comments:

Eaststopper said...

Hey Ken,

Take care and rest well. Our thoughts are with you.

Love
Che and Haikang

Anonymous said...

Isa 53:5 - "...And by His stripes we are healed."

Mk 11:24 - "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them."

Hi Ken, continue to hold on to His Word and believe in the power of healing. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr Ng ! Do takecare , &hope you will recover soon (: . anyway , HAPPY TEACHERS DAY ! ^^ see you .

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr Ng , good to see you back in school during the Teachers Day Celebration . =) AND i hope u recover soon okay .. Do visit my blog as it is filled with a lot of pictures on 4e5 spirit on Teachers Day =)