Sunday, August 26, 2007

About the longest Sunday in a long long while

Feeling quite worn out now, even as I type, but otherwise, I'm doing quite well.

Not bad, for someone who has just completed the 21km Army Half-Marathon this morning. And man, I feel great!

I have to say that running and playing sports makes me feel really good. The other leisure activity that would come close is reading a really good book.



It's quite a miracle really (and for this I have to thank God), that I completed the race without a single tinge of cramp in my leg muscles. This is amazing, as my training for this endurance event has been patchy, at best. The longest run I'd done, prior to this morning, was only an 8 km run - hardly sufficient at all!



Undoubtedly, for December's full marathon, I am determined to set aside time each week to clock in the mileage. I may have breezed through this race today, but the 42km run in December is on another level (physically and mentally) altogether.



My wife ran in this event too and I must say she did a brilliant job today. Her hard training in London and New York has no doubt helped her. To the friends who ran today - congratulations on a job well done!



Finally, as usual, for such marathons, inspirational quotes are ubiquitously placed along the running route. One quote which particularly caught my attention was, "You will never know the impossible until you push beyond the limits of the possible."

Quite right there, I must say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, nazra here. saw you in school today... do take care of your back, it looks pretty bad. :) take good care.

The Mighty Thor said...

Thanks Naz. Some rest should do my back a world of good. You take care too and thanks for the kind message!