Tuesday, October 02, 2007

About a chance meeting on a bus today

It was great to walk out of school in the bright sunshine. Rarely do I get the chance to be able to head for home at 2.15pm sharp. But this week being the examination week, with no CCA or meetings, I thought I might as well just leave, and forget about the pile of work on my table for today.

But being a little bit of a workaholic, I did lug along my laptop. Who knows, I might end up in a cafe, on the way home, and get some work done, with a good ol cup of hot chocolate to keep me warm.




But the best thing that happened was actually when I was seated on a bus. A lady plonked herself next to me. I looked up and saw a very pleasant and familiar face.




You know, it's always fantastic to meet ex-students, and it's even better if we get to have a chat. And I did enjoy catching up with her. Hey XY, life in the polytechnic is never easy but keep working at it, and keep up with the new topics and notes regularly, and I'm sure you'll do fine. And holla, it's nice to know you're into triathlons too!



The bus eventually ended up at Suntec City. My ex-student had already gotten off the bus earlier. I was supposed to head for the nearby bus-stop for a bus transfer but I made a short detour to the Starbuck's and I really got myself a cup of hot chocolate and started to blog this entry.


Well, back to work!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

xingying:

hey mr ng!
nice meeting you today too!
okay. i promise i'll work hard k? if not can't get into U. =(
anyway, take care!
miss me. heez. =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr Ng,

How's school so far? I miss you and Shawna. She's still as busy. :( Catch up with you someday!

The Mighty Thor said...

Hi Xingying, jia you! and u take good care too.

The Mighty Thor said...

Hey Raynell, good to hear from u! School's been lovely. Lots of things to look forward too, like the holidays!

Yes, catch up with u and shawna soon. Take care.