Saturday, January 05, 2008

About what makes a good day

It's only 3 days of school but I hardly got a moment to even take a seat on my chair in the staff room, so busy was my schedule and tasks.

But what was definitely good was that I was able to see students again.



Yesterday was particularly memorable, as the day was set aside for the Secondary One Sports Experience.

The Peer Leaders played a key role in ensuring that the programme went according to plan, so that all of the Sec One classes managed to try out the different sports on offer.


The senior and junior PLs were deliberately mixed and allocated to certain classes. I must say that the PLs, decked in the navy blue and orange t-shirts, certainly looked really cool and outstanding.




I am pleased that the PLs, on the whole, were able to keep the Sec Ones in check. It was good to see how well they managed the new students.




I am also very thankful for my basketball players - Zhi Cheng, Colvin, Andy and Haoming, for doing a good job in conducting the selection tests. It was very important because if they do a good job, then Fajar's basketball future is more or less secure.

I am proud of the way they handled the Sec One boys. They certainly captured their attention and managed to get them all to participate. Great job!




Finally, to top it all off, I got to meet some beloved students - Hazimah, Jasman, Lynn, Azzurah, Sin Han, Han Qiang, DJ, Swee Hong, Hamid, Haris and Zhining.


It was lovely to be able to talk to Hazimah, Lynn and Azzurah. And Jasman, it's great to see you. We all had a great game of volleyball, didn't we.


All in all, it's been a fantastic week!

1 comment:

Azurrah said...

I'm so happy to get to see you teachers! :D