Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A short conversation with three pupils

It's been another great day.

Just after dismissing my basketball boys, I came across a few students whom I had taught this year.

One of them knew about it and asked me if it was true.

So because of that, I decided to call them to me, and spoke with them for a little while.




Sometimes at moments like this, I feel that there is never a 'good' moment to go.

Because standing before me were three pupils whom I think can do so much more. I think they are capable. Don't tell me about how one of them hangs out with questionable characters. Don't tell me this or that about that person, because when I talk to you, I discern a certain promise, a latent potential.

Then I think about how I can create opportunities for you to shine.



Alas, it is no longer my place to do so for them. I pray that some other teacher will share the same thoughts as me and look at pupils with the same periscope, and deem them worthy of further development.

And this is the bottom line, isn't it. All pupils have the capacity. The Teacher needs to acknowledge it and create opportunities to develop these youths into confident and stronger persons.




At the end of the brief conversation, I told them that I was very proud to have been their Teacher. Leaving them with some words of advice, I hope that, when they return back to School in 2009, they will make that step upwards, and excel in all that they do.

To Xavier, Ming Fen and Sheng Thong, believe in yourself, and always do your best. I wish you all the best.

1 comment:

irah.sya. said...

Syahirah here. ex-4e5 ;)

hey there Mr Ng.. It's been long time since I read your blog and I hope that everything goes on well. mikayla is getting cuter each day! Gosh I mish holding her. hahaha. O level's done and I am glad I ended it happily. All papers were manageable. Well, you are leaving? you mean you are leaving fajar??

Btw, do drop by my blog.
www.twentynineelevenzeroseven.blogspot.com

till here then. email me back yeah!
syahirah_91@hotmail.com